Re: X10 PowerLinc 1132CU Dimming Problem

Manny Balfour wrote:
> Using X10 PowerLinc 1132CU with Smarthome Plus software. Devices are
> all generic Radio Shack type modules.  ON and OFF commands work fine.
> Dimming is a problem. Very often the device will go to ON but not obey
> the dim command.  I can do manual DIM through the software with
> multiple clicks and that works fine. As a timed event, the dim
> commands often fail. Signal strength is not an issue.
>
> Are there adjustments in the software package that I can make to help
> this?
>
> Manny Balfour
> Sayville, NY
> mbalfour@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I asked the same question about a month
ago and no one replied.  I also went one
more step.  I put in a macro that when a
particular unit code went ON, it would dim
a different unit code to, say 75%.  This
always worked properly.  However, when
the dim was part of the regular program,
it would only dim a small fraction of what
it should have.  I finally gave up and
put a lower wattage lamp in the wall
sconce.