Re: DoorBell Fon difficulties

On 2005-12-17, BruceR <br@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> First, consider a small placard that says "Doorbell" mounted by the
> button. That might solve your problem best. Doing the the double flash
> right is a matter of timing. Try doing it as Tick-Tock-Tick-Tock (2
> seconds total).  Failing that you might want to go back to using Door 1
> and asking the factory (ask to speak to Paul) for a different chip with
> different ring options.  Paul also has various mods to do different
> things (like operate different gate locks with # and *). Be sure to
> speak to him directly about the problem.

I've been meaning to post a follow up on this all week, but this being a
crazy week, that just never seemed to happen.  No matter how hard I tried,
I couldn't get it to work with two flashes. That was with multiple phones.
I did call the company and spoke with Paul.  He just kept insisting that it
would come with practice.  The person that needs this most has physical
limitations.  If I couldn't work out the timing, there's no way she can, no
matter how much practice goes into it.  I told him that too.  Is there more
than one Paul there?

I did go back to door 1.  It does work with one flash.  I asked about other
ring options but he was quite insistant that they couldn't offer any other
solutions and that I'd learn to distinguish the difference between a phone
call and the Doorbell Fon.  I haven't sampled the ring pattern and analyzed
it on a computer, but they sound quite the same to me.  Paul insisted that
the DoorBell Fon would ring 1 second on, 1 second off.  It's most assuredly
not doing that.  I believe it's 1 on, 3 off.  It was set to door 2 while I
was on the phone with him, so it wouldn't have helped to ring it during the
call.  I may call back after the holidays and do just that.  Right now the
only way to tell the difference is that the caller id reads "incoming call"
when the doorbell fon is ringing, so you have to pick up the phone to know
if it's someone at the door or someone calling.  Not the end of the world,
but it would be nice to have it working properly.

--
Larry Moss, http://www.airigami.com
PO Box 23523, Rochester, NY 14692, (585) 359-8695