Re: How to Setup a Camera 120 ft Away?

On Sat, 06 Aug 2005 01:23:14 GMT, "Nehmo" <nehmo54@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>I want to set up a camera by a gate about 120 feet away. I'd also like
>to put a motion detector out there. When the motion detector is
>triggered, I'd like a window to show up on the screen (perhaps normally
>minimized on the task bar) displaying the camera video output.
>
>What's the easiest way to do this? What wireless or wired type of camera
>setup should I use?
>
>I'm running Win XP but don't have any home automation software.

 I recently installed a system I purchased at Radio Shack.
http://tinyurl.com/9q9as  It has a control console with remote
capability to teach it to start and stop any device. I have it set to
record to a VCR and connected to a cheap $50 TV from Wal-Mart. I could
also teach it commands used with ATI Remote Wonder
http://www.ati.com/products/remotewonder/index.html  and run any
windows application. My first attempt at installing surveillance
system and didn't want to drop a bundle on pro stuff. I am very happy
but nothing to compare it to really. You would have to read the specs
to see if it fits.  I would be interested in learning what you end up
using or viewing other posts of this nature.

Regards

 Jimmy