Re: one switch operated 6 seperate light areas, who makes this?

Thanks for the tips Mark.  Starting a house build in a couple of weeks
(depending on how fast my permits go through).  I like neat things like I
see in home automation/audio.  Last night I was reading on some UPB items.

Now I just need to figure out how these things work.  I've seen them in show
homes but don't know how they are wired.  I am going to pull my own permit
for wiring so it will all be done by me.  So when I get started I have to go
like crazy and know my stuff in advance.

I really liked that 2 gang switch system that controlled 6 (or 8?) lights.
I walked through a home being built the other day and they had a gang for 9
light switches.  They had to bolt 2 boxes together to make that number.  I
think that is a but crazy and will look silly.  How would the push button
lighting system have been wired?  Relays?

When you have say a light switch and you want to do that neat stuff like
have the light slowly increase or decrease as the switch is turned on and
off, how is that done?  Do I need to run cat 5 to switch boxes and use
special switches?

Also for the whole house audio, do I run cat 5 to where I want the speaker
controls in each room and then run speaker wire to each area I want speakers
and then home run all the wires to the mechanical room?  For the sound
source i.e. stereo, do I run wires from there to the mechanical room and
then do I my tying together there as needed?

Thanks for the heads-up.  I got lots of reading to do.

Gary

Gary....