Re: one switch operated 6 seperate light areas, who makes this?

Brad Houser wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 08:08:12 GMT, gary wrote:
>
> > Looking at showhomes today and saw one house that had its finished basement
> > area have 6 lighting areas all controlled by one decora switch.  Ganged
> > beside it was a series of 6 buttons that fit in the area of a decora
> > opening.  You pushed whatever labeled button you wanted to control and then
> > used the switch to turn it on or off.  Where would I buy a set up like this?
> > There was no brand name showing anywhere on the switch or buttons.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Gary
>
> Sounds like it could be KeypadLinc by Smarthome:
> http://www.smarthome.com/12073w.html

No, it doesn't sound like that. Note that in the showhome you had to
first hit a button, then hit the switch.

You can, however, do something similar with the 8-button keypadlinc:
have 6 source buttons with the two remaining labeled ON and OFF. You
can program it to require pushing a source button followed by ON or
OFF. No additional switch needed.

- Mark.