Re: OT: Advice on Good Online Store Setup

On Mon, 1 Aug 2005 19:55:59 -0400, "E. Lee Dickinson"
<lee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
<dcmcrb$r3i$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

>"Marc F Hult" <MFHult@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Good thing too that I weaseled with "ABIK" ;-)  Brian Abernathy is indeed
>> listed in among the 500+ voters on the charter question in 1994 . Sure
are
>> lot's of 'Brian's" around these days ;-)
>>

>> But I was actually thinking of someone else who is still active in c.h.a
>> (Maybe Brian Abernathy is too -- I dunno).
>
>I can't figure out what ABIK stands for?

As Best I Know

>I think the one you were looking for is probably Ed Cheung. It's been a few
>years since I posted here, regularily -- Brian A. was around back then, so
>stuck out in my mind. Dr. Cheung is much more recent, though. And I love
his
>'local dimming' mod. :)

Ta Dah! Yes. Ed Cheung.

If you go back to see who voted on the charter, one can't help but be struck
by the pantheon of research-oriented corporations, universities and
government research centers that are represented. Ed is one of the hold-ons
from that era. I recall that my signature had both my desk and home phone
numbers as well as address and so on. About the only folks that post those
details any more are the vendors that circle the newsgroup, sometimes
swooping down, sometimes splatting down on us from above ...

Marc
Marc_F_Hult