Watt Meter to consumer board?

Thanks for all the postings & I'm busy with looking up the various links and
advice particularly with the Data Acq boards.

As a tail end snippet (& sorry to drag the thing a little)...there are two
options that I am considering trying, one with Data Acquisition and one
without.

In either event, at the end of the day I still wish to be able to read what
the watt consumption is in real time. If  I don't go the data acquisition
road then is it just a matter of installing a "Watt Meter" on the consumer
board? Given that we use 220 Volts (50Hz) and that the "protection" circuit
breaker is rated for 63 amps then the meter must be able to read up to 63 x
220 = about 14 Kw as a maximum.

Would a device like this be easily got, preferrably with a digital readout
in watts whereby a consumer could look at it it and see at any point in time
how many watts his/her house is using.

Thanks Again

Declan