X-10 Mystery - An Anti-Signal Sucker

I've been testing new equipment for X-10 signal issues, first with my ESM1
meter and now with my Monterey.

Today's surprise came when plugging in a switching power supply for a new
Vitek 2 channel video webserver.  The Monterery X-10 reading on the power
strip was .98 before I plugged in the 12VDC 1.25A I.T.E. power supply and
1.2 AFTER I plugged it in.  I assume this is some sort of interaction with
some other device on the same circuit but how do I tell *which* device is
interacting with the PS to apparently boost the X-10 signal? (Perhaps it's
more accurate to say it keeps the signal from being attenuated somehow.  I
guess know the answer already - start unplugging stuff!) :-(

I'm sure it's a switched power supply, the case feels almost hollow.  Model
HPW--1512A REV:C3 - it has an image of a globe and then the word "Elec"

If I get enough these, I can get back to 4V X-10 signals housewide !  (Just
kidding - that can't be true!)

--
Bobby G.