Re: computer DVR for home security cameras

"Owen Martin" <odiggity@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>I have 4 security cameras that I use at home with a multiplexor. I
> wanted to setup a computer based DVR so I could monitor the cameras
> remotely and record longer lengths of time. I've been looking at the
> geovision 600 card. Has anyone had any experience with this card or any
> other add on DVR card for security cameras?
>
> I've heard that the software can me buggy and a general pain to use. If
> you've set this up, i'd like to hear about it.

I'm using a GV-600 w/ no complaints.  I downloaded the last version of the
software v6.1 that doesn't use a dongle.  The software can be a bit quirky
installing and there are problems using it with VIA chipset motherboards.
You'll need Direct-X 9.0 installed prior to installing the software.  But
once installed, the software has been trouble free.

Robert