Re: X-10 Mystery - An Anti-Signal Sucker

"Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>I suspect that a scope the only way to know for sure, but I don't have one
>and the wife's already got her eye on you and all the money I spend hanging
>out here talking to all the HA gurus.

Then I need to reiterate that I tried to dissuade you from buying the
Monterey. ;)

An unbiased measurement is not easy. The electronics of the Monterey affect
the readings, the 12VAC transformer and the electronics of the ESM1 affect
readings and the ACT Scope-Test2 exhibits some gain. Direct viewing with a
scope is tough because the 60Hz amplitude is so much greater than the 120kHz
amplitude. Even looking at the line with a scope through a 0.1µF cap isn't
perfect as it only attenuates the 60Hz - some gets through, adding to any
120kHz amplitude measurement.