Re: "Preferred" x10 Addrresses?

Dave Houston wrote:
> The advice to avoid "A" is based on the assumption
> that neighbors sharing the distribution transformer may also use X-10 and
> that they will likely use "A".

Or to catch modules that have somehow reset to factory defaults!
(...ahem SwitchLinc...)

Personally, I leave A1 and P16 clear so that I can do testing of a
newly installed device before assigning it a permanent address. (P16 is
the factory default for PCS)

The keychain RF remotes that I have are units 1-2 on a selectable house
code, so one would need to keep that in mind when assigning addresses
(I think some are 1-4 too).

But I see no reason to avoid entire house codes.

- Mark.