Re: Looking at Zwave products and need recommendations?

True - for now. But if you read the recently released white paper on the
Insteon web site, it's clear that they plan to have RF remotes that will
talk to the RF gateways (i.e. SignaLincs, which do both powerline and RF).

I would assume that there will probably be future RF-to-UPB devices, too.
Hopefully, they will use 418MHz so that all of the RF capable programmable
remotes (e.g. Pronto) can talk to them directly.