Re: Looking at Zwave products and need recommendations?

bhitchcock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Check out Smarthome's INSTEON products (www.smarthome.com), they are
> both powerline and RF, so you get the best of both.

This is simply untrue. You seem to be deliberately perpetuating a myth.

The products are *either* powerline *or* RF, with the exception of your
powerline->RF gateway (the SignaLinc). For example, all the switches
are powerline-only. All of the lamp and appliance modules are
powerline-only. This really confused me when I first started looking
into the products. If you had said the *protocol* is both powerline and
RF, you would have been correct.

- Mark.