Re: PDA control via Universal Remote

Forget it - it is not practical.

The IR receiver on an Axim uses IrDA and has very limited range. IrDA uses
850nm IR while the remote uses CIR (Consumer IR) at 940nm. While it's
possible for the Axim to receive the CIR the remote needs to be within a
matter of inches from the PDA. IOW, if you're close enough for the CIR to
work, you may as well just press the buttons on the PDA screen.