Re: Have you sold a home with HA features?

"Dandelion Acres" <nospam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> I'm curious if you feel there was an impact on price or presentation in
> the sale of that home.

[snip]

> Thoughts?

You will probably see younger people more interested in "cool" electronics.
Older folks may be more interested in a home security system, even if that
can be had for "free" with monitoring packages. Just the fact that it is
there is a positive thing.

Building a nice (eye candy) $2500 deck in the back yard may be a better
incentive for the buyer than a $5000 investment in X10 or what have you...

I am myself in the process of fully automating my home. Not so much for
increasing the value, though it probably will.
Whether I will recover the added investment is uncertain. When I am done I
suspect $5000-$10000+ out of my pockets.
I have lots of fun doing it though :)

Gunnar.