Have you sold a home with HA features?

I'm curious if you feel there was an impact on price or presentation in the
sale of that home.

I sold a home about four years ago that had a fairly large amount of X-10 in
it, along with full security, sound, network and a few other gadgets that,
in my mind, were pretty cool and useful. It was mentioned in passing in the
ads, a flyer in the home detailed it, and when the home finally sold the
buyer couldn't have cared less.

It's a fact that a seller cannot "recover" the emotional value ingrained in
the home, nor can one get all of the labor/time put into building your
toyland.

As I develop my current home, I'm on target to create a very nice
executive-style home with very pratical and very pervasive technology put to
work throughout the property. I can't imagine not marketing it with the tech
features profiled, and will build a portfolio with that specific goal. After
all, we have to try to justify a high(er) price don't we? And what better
way than to market to somebody who will use and appreciate it.

Thoughts?