Re: replacement windows and alarm contacts

Subject: replacement windows and alarm contacts
Newsgroup: comp.home.automation
=> jim.griffin@xxxxxxxxx <=  wrote:

>We're in the planning stage of installing an HAI Omni system in our
>house.  The windows in our house are newer replacement type windows
>with the tilt out sash.  On each side of the sash there are slides that
>allow the windows to move up and down.  The area where the slides are
>is roughly 3/4-1".  As such there is a gap between the sash and the
>frame by that much.
>
>I'd like to install two magnets in each sash so that we can vent the
>windows in the spring and fall when the A/C isn't running. So
>installing the contact in the bottom of the window frame/sash isn't
>really ideal.
>
>Is there a wireless contact that can work reliably with the 3/4-1" gap
>between the sash and the window?   I have been looking towards either
>the Caddx NX-458 or the ITI 60-741-95.
>
>Will these contacts work in this situation or will I need to install
>the contacts in the bottom of the frame and sash instead of the sides?

'

You're mounting the x-mitter on the window and surface mags on the sides?

There has got to be a better way. If hard-wiring is not possible how about
mounting the x-mitter concealed in a cabinet and hard-wiring contacts hidden
inside the sash?

Can you post pics. to a site so we can have a look?

--

-Graham

Remove the snails to email