HomeSeer voice and Key System ?

I have been looking and HomeSeer voice for years....

But we have a Panasonic KXTD-1232 in the house... so there is no place to
put the Modem...

We would need to pick up a phone, Dial '9' and THEN #, and it still might
not get the right line (yes I know we can dial 8 + line number)

Is there an Easier Way?  Can I give it an extension and have it pick up the
line on the first ring? (give each phone a HomeSeer speed dial?)

Lastly... I assume that the HomeSeer modem is so expensive because it has
that weird "#" intercept stuff in it... If I don't need it because of my
PBX, can I use another modem ?

Bob Sisson