Re: Visual basic and CM11/12

On Tue, 5 Apr 2005 16:36:35 +0100, Frank wrote
(in message <0001HW.BE786F13004C51CCF02845B0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>):

> On Tue, 5 Apr 2005 8:04:59 +0100, Dan Lanciani wrote
> (in message <1331446@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>):
>
>> In article <0001HW.BE774C5100481D27F02845B0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>> fgm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Frank) writes:
>>> On Mon, 4 Apr 2005 6:40:08 +0100, Dan Lanciani wrote
>>> (in message <1331445@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>):

>>> Yes - With a slow clock I have no problems (Win98 and Victor Hempe WinICE
>>> patallel port drivers). But I want to use Win2000 and use a USB-I2C
>>> driver
>>> (Elektor Kit) - it just works (crashes now and then)  but the clock speed
>>> is
>>> high and fixed
>>
>> I'm interested in constructing something similar to the 82B715 but with
>> optical isolation (or possibly even fiber transceivers for long runs).
>> Have you seen anything like that?
>>
>> 				Dan Lanciani
>> 				ddl@danlan.*com
>
> I have not seen a fiber interface, but Philips list several high current I2C
> multiplex switches etc. I can get 100metres no problem with a slow clock and
> lots of chips hanging off the nodes.
>
> If X10 is limited I may use ethernet cat5 and radio links with a Modtronix
> SBC65EC demo  webserver pic-micro card if I can figure how to drive I2C as
> it
> claims it can.

I have found a VB to X10 driver at
http://www.exactcontrol.com
seems very powerful and complete - but not free :-{

I also hear that AutoM8it uses VB but I see no easy example to learn from - I
wonder if I can control the AutoM8it drivers from my own VB program?