Re: 360 degree video real time... interested?

"z" wrote ...
> Yes, Prior art does exist; thus squelching hardware patents.

If your device is covered under the prior art and any of the patents are
still effective, it will also squelch your ability to market your device
unless you purchase the rights or want to risk loosing everything.

When looking at the prior art, you have to remember that it is not just the
results.  The method and specific claims are what are important.

As an example.  (I have not checked any of these, just making up possible
scenerios)
A super fish eye lens aimed upwards has probably been claimed for taking 360
degree pictures.  That would not affect your claim if you are using a single
vertical line imager that rotates around the circle.
Your single vertical line imager might have been previously claimed in a
patent that is for intruder detection via light and dark.  If the patent
claims do not include your use, you will be able to claim it.

It is very appropriate to look at how close your invention is to the prior
art and look for ways to modify your device so that they do not fall within
the claims of the prior art.

> Hey, does the above paragragh outline look like the bow of one of those
> new cruise ships.
> or is it just way too much coffee again.

Yes, it did.