Re: to moderator

On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 00:19:25 -0400, "z" <rmwbsee@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>I have started getting lots of bad spam
>I realize I should not have used my real email
>would you be able to purge all my posts please; they all contain my email

Bummer. I still get spamed off lists that grabed me years ago :(

You could try sending "usenet message cancel" to the server and in
future set your newsreader to "no archive" (X-No-Archive: yes) but as
you are using Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.29 I haven't got a clue
how you do that as I don't use it.

Even then you will most likely already be cached in servers such as
google.

A good test to see where your e.mail has leaked is actually to search
for it \ or part of it in google groups... (which are an actual rip
off as they are really usenet groups that google now pretends it
owns)...

EG: For your 'rmwbsee' tag:

http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?as_q=rmwbsee&safe=images&lr=&hl=en

There are only a few posts you have made using hotmail.

The other one to consider is that if you have used a simple user name
for your comcast (or whatever) e.mail address then you may be getting
junk as a product of a dictionary spam...

I have quite an old e.mail address and is a simple twoword type user
name.. for years I've gradually risen to get over 2 thousand spam per
month which luckily I can deal with 95% with various filters.. so it
might not be this group that has been harvested.

Do you have a website? or a domain name? Is your e.mail address in
WhoIs or have you bought anything off the web recently?

Pete