Re: Modules switch on every second

"geo" <george.stachnik@xxxxxx> wrote in message news:1113330711.541635.72320@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> I'm a newcomer to X10 (although I used to play around with Radio Shack
> Plug-N-Power units many years ago, which I understand are the same
> thing).  I recently Bought a kit consisting of the HR12A Palmpad, TM751
> Transceiver and the LM465 lamp module.  Now for my problem.
>
> I plugged a lamp into the TM751, and it worked fine.  But at the other
> end of the same room, (next to our TV) I plugged another lamp into the
> LM465, and it started blinking once every second or so.  I had an old
> Radio Shack appliance module laying around - and did the same thing.
> Both units respond to an "on" command.  But when you turn them off,
> they revert to the blinking behavior.
>
> I suspect the problem may be linked to our Dish Network satellite dish.
>  The box on top of the TV is connected via a phone line to a box that's
> plugged into an AC outlet.  At the other end of the room, a similar
> box, also plugged into an AC outlet, is connected to the phone line.
> I'm guessing that the Dish Network set-top box uses something like X10
> signals to talk to the box that's connected to our phone line.
>
> Is there some kind of filter I can use to keep the two separate?

Before looking for a filter, verify the spurious activity comes from the
phone line boxes.  Unplug both boxes and see if the problem disappears.
Those boxes use the powerline to send signals between the boxes, so it
is possible your X10 devices may be affected.

The only solution to the problem may be running a separate phone line
to the satellite receiver and eliminate use of the phone line extenders.

One way to troubleshoot X10 problems is to unplug devices which are
suspected of causing interference.