Re: Need some antenna advice (for my CM15A, of course)

1. Way, way, way back I recommended you get a REGULATED 12V power supply
from Jameco. Current requirements are low (~25mA) but the regulated voltage
is critical. That little 4 pin preamp is a very sophisticated device. Read
the S001 Application Note (Basic MODAMP MMIC Circuit Techniques) at...

     http://www.home.agilent.com/USeng/nav/-536893722.536886033/pd.html

2. You will likely get lousy reception with an unpowered preamp in the
circuit. It will act like an open circuit.