Re: Ceiling Fan lights rapid on off flashing when fan is rotating

On 21 Apr 2005 06:09:22 -0700, favelinks@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>I have installed a Hunter ceiling fan with a Hampton Bay thermostatic
>remote control.  Seemed easy enough.  I am using the energy saving
>spiral light bulbs.  At night I noticed when the fan was on (and the
>lights off), the lights were coming on slightly rapidly flashing with
>the rotation of the fan.  I switched out one of the two energy saving
>spiral bulbs with one regular bulb, the other spiral light stopped
>flashing as soon as I screwed the regular bulb in, and the regular ones
>never have the flashing problem.
>
>I called Hunter and they blame the remote controller of course.
>
>Any thoughts/ideas where to start?
>
>Thanks
I have the same problem with energy saving spiral light bulbs using
x10 lamp module or appliance module. I think some spiral bulbs sent a
noise signal which affect x10 functionality (nowhere is mention that
in the user guide)
When using a lamp module and the lamp module is off, the bulb is
flashing.
When using apliance module and the module shitch off, the apliance
module is set back on automatically after less than 1 sec.. So I can
not put the apliance module to on.

Chris