Re: 360 degree video real time... interested?

On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 22:44:23 -0400, "z"
<rmwbsee@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>I normally over-react just for fun.
>
>Did she / you have a patent?

She did not have any patents but had a few pending. I don't
know what was in them, unfortunately.

>There was a UV Prague project that used a camera with the pixel count
>increasing to the center of the ccd.
>Can you believe it!

That doesn't surprise me at all. You already know, I'm sure,
that after converting polar to rect, the pixel density near
the center will be stretched across the entire top area of
the pano...(if the top represents the center of the ccd).
That's where I saw that our (their) camera was poorest, near
the top of the pano. But not using the center of the CCD
solves that one pretty well. Most of the stuff one wants to
see is near the equator.