Upgrade KT7 motherboard

Newbe question:
I have a KT7 socket A  motherboard that I am running Win 98SE with. I
want to upgrade without buying new motherboard. Current processor is
Athlon 750 mhz.. Want to upgrade so I can dump win 98SE and be able to
run XP. I have 512 mb ram and am only using two of the three slots.
Have PC 133 DIMM memory.

KT7 manual says it will take up to a 1.4 ( 100/133FSB)
The current 750mz has a heat sync and a fan, current fan is very
noisy.

Friends have recommend the Athlon 1.4 - seen various places most often
with 266hz, i am also told 2x133 FSB = 266 is OK, true?

1) any suggestions on where I might buy an Athlon 1.4 on the web
(other than Ebay)?

2) If I do use Ebay, what are the pitfalls to look out for? Is buying
a used processor a good idea?

3) How do I find out which heat sync  and fan the I need to get for
the  1.4(hopefully a quieter fan), where do I buy them?

4) should i upgrade to 1024mb ram to run XP or is the 512 sufficent.

Pak