Re: What free software to start with for testing with macro support?

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 09:13:58 -0700, surethingthistime wrote:

> I'm trying to get my X10 project started.  My requirements are fairly
> simple - I need x10 relay switches that maintain the current state in
> case of a power outage and I need software to download to my cm11a.
> The software has to allow for multiple on/offs for each switch and
> should have the dawn/dusk option.
> I currently have some 'cheap' test equip aquired via ebay and radio
> shack and the cm11a works as verified by the freebie trial Home Control
> Assistant software I downloaded.
> I don't want to buy the real version until I can test out the equipment
> over two-four months to see if it works reliably in my house but I
> don't think I can run macros to the cm11a with this version.
>
> Can anybody suggest the best software to start
> with?

Assuming you're running MS-Windows, get the free Activehome 1.42
software from: <http://www.x10.com/support/support_soft1.htm>

That will allow you to download macros and timers to the CM11A,
including dawn/dusk-relative timer events.