Crestron rs-232 protocols?

Hi everyone!

I'm trying to control my Primare amplifier through rs-232, and I know it
is supported by Crestron and AMX.
Primare systems won't give me the syntax for control, so I am seeking help
other places.

Is there any standard in the Crestron rs-232 protocols?
If not, is there any other way to get a hold of the syntax through a
Crestron or AMX module? (I have none of them currently).

Thanks for all advices!

/Anders