Re: Where Do YOU Go For Your (Daily?) X-10 "Fix"?

> . . .  and having enough posters with real expertise that incorrect
>  info is usually debunked rather quickly while even esoteric
>  questions usually elicit responsive responses.

Ain't that the truth!  While it's tough on people just trying to be helpful
who get in over their heads, it's a good thing, overall.  Bad information is
worse than no information at all.

> Do you still have the ultrasonic console?

I've got some in various states of repair and a few that are definitely
still working.  I like them because the have a smaller overall footprint
than the MAXI 16 although they are quite a bit taller.  Some were/are in
daily use for over 20 years.  That's the hallmark of a good, basic design.
The ones that failed usually had the code wheel start to freewheel, but that
a nuisance fixable by black tape, not a fatal flaw.  Another nuisance is
that  ALL of the flip lids are broken.  They seem to have been designed by
the same people who designed CD jewel case hinges. :-)

I wonder what, if any HA gear will be worth the big bucks on _Antiques
Roadshow 2105?_  Do you think X-10 will still have some operational presence
in the world?  It the NYC subways are using 100 year old track and train
control gear, there's hope for X-10.

--
Bobby G.