Re: Window Bar sensor

On 9/9/2023 2:14 PM, n1e...@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/qivgra5iah4pgubs819um/20230909_140326.jpg?rlkey=ce94322oy9gp4f7igeeyvyoau&raw=1
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/3hwlodfxhf3x6r2i9b274/20230909_140342.jpg?rlkey=ee57r5uwr3iceo6a06bydm28y&raw=1
>
> I could not get a closure on this sensor, never have I seen 1.
> I ripped the wire pair off, and the clear plastic shrink material.
> Is it a Hall Effect, A balanced magnetic switch? My uneducated guess..
>
> It was inside 1 end of a cheap window bar device - Basement roll-out casement windows, old Radionics panel..
>
> Thanks for looking. Pierre
acceptable guess,
I've seen them to be a balance spot between two different states,,
(ie... switch is between 2 different magnets, if bar is moved in either
direction, it would trip the sensor..)
Problem develops when they are moved..
They would have to be completely re-calibrated...
(and if your not familiar with what you've got, that was next to
impossible..)

RTS
--

*Rocky T. Squirrel, esq.*