Re: Blank PROM's for old Napco Magnum panels

On 5/16/2023 8:12 PM, Jim Davis wrote:
> Yep, I still have a few of those old Napco Magnum panels out there.
> Old customer moved out, New business moved in. The Napco 850 is still working. Installed it in 1988. It's a new start up woman owned company and doesn't want spend to upgrade the panel if it's still working. I want to update communication path to cellular but I need to program a new account number in the PROM.
> I've got the 410 programmer that still works but shy on PROM's.
> I had one Blank chip which I programmed but I'm not sure I did it right and I won't know till I plug it in tomorrow or next day.
> Just in case, I started looking for some chips and they price range on line anywhere from ( Get this now) $58.00 each down to $3.00. And some say they'll send you a few free samples. But I figure I'd probably have to make them believe that I'm going to use thousands of them in my newly developed product, etc, etc. But, I don't want to go down that rabbit hole unless I have to.
>
> SOOOOOoooo Does anyone out there have a few of these blank PROM's stashed someplace they'd be willing to part with?

If its a hard wired panel the upgrade shouldn't be all that expensive.
If you can't program it then the upgrade is justified.

The Napco Starlink communicators used to be able to be used in "takeover
mode" if the format is compatible.  I never did it so I can't give
personalized help, but it was somebody at Napco who pointed it out to
me.  Might have been Dave before he got booted upstairs.

Is the Magnum the same as Magnum Alert?  I had a couple small Magnum
Alert panels installed before I switched to Gemini, and while they
almost made me choose not use Napco, they were keypad programmable.

--
Bob La Londe
Proffessional Hack, Hobbyist, Wannabe, Shade Tree, Button Pushing, Not a

www.avg.com