Re: Well, it's been a while

On 7/19/2023 8:52 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
> On 7/19/2023 4:56 PM, ABLE1 wrote:
>> On 7/19/2023 12:18 AM, Jim Davis wrote:
>>> Wow! Can't believe I haven't looked in on ASA for about a month.
>>>
>>> Been REEEEEELY busy. All kinds of upgrades, and new special jobs and
>>> trying out a different aspect of CCTV
>>> I'm doing all the Ethernet and telephone wire runs in a a ten office
>>> business. Existing customer is opening a new branch. Running all the
>>> thermostat wires for a customer that want's to upgrade from the old
>>> mercury thermostats to the Ecobee programmable remote access units.
>>> Laying wires for outdoor speakers around pool and cabana for Sonos
>>> sound system. Doing upgrades to Napco Starlink Connect remote access.
>>> ,
>>> Did and Access control install for one office door. And lots of
>>> little piddley service calls. Little busier than I like it but can't
>>> I guess that's a good complaint.
>>> .
>>> I don't have many commercial accounts left but one of the one's I
>>> have has CCTV cameras on outside of building and sure nuff I had to
>>> get up on a freakin 20 foot ladder and change the camera. I wonder if
>>> a parachute would open in that short a distance?  Or, I was thinking
>>> that if I got a bucket of cement and put a rope tied around me
>>> through a pulley attached to the roof of the building, If I fell, it
>>> would let me down easy. But I calculated that the cost of that much
>>> cement was too much ^ v ^
>>> .
>>> Hey Les, what are you doing with all your spare time now?
>>

>> Hey Jim,
>>
>> Well I will have to say that every day is a Saturday!!
>> Although my daily work load is nothing like yours..............
>> I must say that you need to find a way to slow down........ a bit!! :-)
>>
>> My biggest frustration is that my phone won't stop ringing with calls
>> from previous customers.  Wanting help with this and that!!!  Or to
>> complain that I should have forewarned them that I was quitting the
>> business!!  Or that the new guys don't answer or return their calls.
>>
>> So other than all that stuff, I have managed to get my 92' Honda
>> Goldwing out of my garage, removed the OLD gas, loaded new, and it
>> started up and runs great after I creatively fixed a gas leak from
>> the carburetor.  It hasn't be running for maybe 11 years or so.
>> Now I am in negotiations to either convert it into a Trike or trade it
>> in on a Trike.  I should have a plan by the end of this week.  I would
>> like to take a few road trips just to enjoy the freedom of the ride.
>>
>> Other than that I have been fixing up things around the house that I
>> have been putting off because I was too busy with business.  N-O-W I
>> can spend the time doing those Saturday jobs on any day of the week!!
>>
>> Then there is the..........................................
>>
>> BTW I need to ask!! Hey Bob, what is your local temperature and is it
>> too much??  I hope you have your shop with a cooling device that runs!!

> [...]

Well Bob, I have (frustratingly) made a decision on my Honda Goldwing
and Suzuki GS550.  I have sold them to a local shop.  The decision was a
bit challenging but the final deal will happen today and the bikes
will be picked up and gone!!  Goldwing left yesterday and Suzuki will
leave tomorrow.

There are a lot of personal issues that molded the final decision.

I hope somebody's will enjoy their future rides with fun and enjoyment!!

Les