Re: Bwahahahahahahahahahaha

On 1/3/2023 11:17 AM, Bob La Londe wrote:
> On 1/2/2023 8:21 PM, RTS wrote:

>>> I never really did Ademco panels.  Just a few takeovers and the
>>> horrible hydrid abomination. The FBII HC41.
>>>
>>> I went from DSC to FBII (I used FBII until, well Ademco) to Napco.
>>> The Napco MA panels sucked pretty hard, and almost ruined Napco for
>>> me. Couldn't use zero?  REALLY?  The Gemini panels were my main stay
>>> for most of my time in the business.  I tried to go back to DSC once,
>>> but found them confusing and disorganized compared to PC programming
>>> (or even keypad programming) a Napco Gemini.  I used a lot of other
>>> stuff over the years as well, but I put in a LOT of Napco Gemini panels.
>>>
>>> I like Caddx NX8E panels too.  I hated the Caddx Ranger.
>>>
>> first guy I worked for, we did 95% ademco, all models, after the 4080
>> failures  he switched to Adcor/Acron.  then later over to Moose...
>> When I went out on my own, I continued with the Moose line..
>> Then switched over to Electronics Line (from Israel)
>> Electronics line even had me do a tech paper on their poorly designed
>> telephone fusing system..
>> (go figure, they were using 60vdc on board one shot fuses)
>> Did fine till the phone rang..   HAHA  couldn't handle 90vac..
>> Did some Firelite, Silent Knight, fire panels
>> We did some Caddix, Rokonet, Napco, Radionics, DMC, burg. panels
>> Nearing retire, I worked some with my first guy's son, he was sold
>> on 100% FBI..
>> Even had some homebuilt stuff in the early 80's..
>> Best I ever used was the Moose,  Z700 & Z900,  and the iron maiden
>> their  MPI-25 & 50..  Talk about taking a licking and still ticking.
>> I had a MPI-50  hit by lighting 3 times, and kept working..
>> Destroyed everything else in the building except the panel..
>> The absolute worst panel I ever touched was the Ademco 4080..
>> Ever was a dog  that one was it..
>> We installed 48 one summer and by Christmas we had replaced 46..
>> But every installer has stories to tell, if he's be in the business
>> any length of time...
>> RTS
>

> Batteries!
>
> I tried several brands of batteries and always went back to Yuasa.  The
> worst was probably Interstate.  I always tried to do business locally if
> I could, and one year I tried Interstate from a local dealer.  THEY
> SUCKED.  Every box had atleast one bad, and a few that were discharged
> pretty badly.  60% had to be replaced within a year.  100% within 2
> years.  When the dealer tried to give me a hard time about replacing
> them he tried to twist it around so it was my fault.  Unless something
> specifically and definitively caused it I never had to replace a Yuasa
> in less than three and then only rarely.  Most lasted over 5 and there
> might be some out there that are over 10.  Even the "new" Yuasa was good.
>
> Vern Alderman at one of the various companies he worked at over the
> years tried to tell me I could make more money on service calls if I
> [...]
Yuasa  was the go to brand..
then they sold out..
their still a good battery, but I have had a few questionable ones
since they changed manufacturing locations...
Progress, original owners retiring, investment scalpers, these are the
things that can ruin a quality product...
RTS
--

*Rocky T. Squirrel, esq.*