Re: VONK Format

On Sunday, January 29, 2023 at 2:54:23 PM UTC-7, xastr115 wrote:
> Hello all,=20
>=20
> Recently I've been looking through documentation for Sur-Gard and Connett=
ix central station receivers, and noticed a mention of a format that is ref=
erred to as "VONK." I've never heard of this protocol anywhere outside of t=
hese guides, and searches to Google with a variety of supplementary keyword=
s have not been successful in turning up more info about what kind of panel=
s send this format. Are any of you here familiar with VONK?=20
>=20
> Thank you!

I've been wondering about that too, it's 110 baud using standard CCITT tone=
 pairs. 2 digit account number, and a number of status channels similar to =
what Scancom and Ademco High Speed send. No handshake sent from the receive=
r, which is interesting. If you find any panels that use it, I'd be interes=
ted to know as well.

Keith