Re: Well, it's been a while

On 8/3/2023 1:00 PM, Jim Davis wrote:
> On Wednesday, August 2, 2023 at 10:41:38â?¯PM UTC-4, Bob La Londe wrote:
>

>> Well, I actually took today off. Sorta. No big mistakes made me have
>> to work at my day job anyway. I slept in... an extra hour. Screwed
>> around most of the morning waiting for the other shoe to drop, and
>> finally headed out to the shop to work on me projects.
>>
>> ITS TO FREAKING HOT to work outside, and its not much better inside the
>> main area of the shop. I've been working on a boat that used to belong
>> to a friend. I sat with him a few hours and held his hand the day he
>> died kind of friend. I need to get his boat river worthy do do
>> something that was among his last wishes. I want to do it for me too
>> since its my boat now. Anyway, I was told that the deed is ready to be
>> done when I am ready to go. I'm not ready to go, but I'm working on it.
>>
>> I'd had enough of burning my hands on my tools every time I picked one
>> up, so I decided to make some room inside the shop to work on it. My
>> shop is full of stuff for/from past, current, and future projects. One
>> of those projects was a new winch bumper for my Jeep. I bought the jeep
>> in 2017 and I think it was probably early 2018 when I bought the bumper.
>> I thought to myself, that a giant box I can get out of the way if I
>> just get off my tucas and install the damned thing. I can throw the
>> stock bumper out back for metal and plastic recycling. So that's what I
>> worked on today... after I dragged things around and made room to pull
>> the Jeep inside the shop. LOL.
>>
>> It would be done, but being an after market bumper the bumper mounted
>> fog lights don't just plug into the wiring harness the way the stock
>> ones did. Well, that and while it is better inside the shop than out in
>> the sun... ITS NOT VERY DAMN MUCH BETTER.
>>
>> P.S. The office and the machine room where the main CNC machines are
>> located is air conditioned so most regular work days I get by just fine.
>>
>> In any case. I did actually take the day off today.
>>
>> Saturday and Sunday are when I get the most paying work done in the shop
>> most weeks. Tomorrow I might take the afternoon off and finish that new
>> bumper install. Then cruise down to the tackle store and pose the Jeep
>> with one wheel up on a parking bumper to show off its new bumper.
>> --
>> Bob La Londe
>> CNC Molds N Stuff
>

> DAMN SHOWOFF !

So... yesterday when I was cleaning up I tossed a hand coil of wire in
the dumpster.  When I started to look at extending the pigtails of the
lights in the new bumper I realized that hand coil would have been good
for the job.  No problem.  I was sure I had a pull box of that wire on
the shelf still.  yeah... NOPE!  This morning when I carried out the
trash from the house I discovered the garbage company hadn't picked up
the dumpster yesterday like they are supposed to.  There was that hand
coil of wire within easy reach.  I snatched it out of the dumpster and
headed into the shop.  I had just sat at my desk to crank out a couple
job quotes down when I heard the garbage truck outside.

I just joined the Inside Track club for 30 bucks to save 50 bucks on a
Badlands winch which I chose instead of a Warn winch because I noticed
recently one of the big off road recovery outfits had Badlands winches
on all their rigs and due to low flat rate shipping I am having a
12000lb Badland winch delivered to my shop for less than it would have
cost to walk into the local store and buy it without joining and I was
wondering if I get a card or if I have to print out my receipt if I do
go into the local store for something.

The cost of shipping is less than the cost of gas to drive into the
local store to pickup my winch.  (Not wench you good balls.)

I don't really need 12000 lbs on such a light weight vehicle, but I'm
going to try to set it up so I can relatively easily swap it onto my
goose neck trailer if needed. The lighter winch on the goose neck is
okay for a rolling load, but its come up short a few times on some jobs.

--
Bob La Londe
CNC Molds N Stuff

www.avg.com