Re: Well, it's been a while

On Friday, July 28, 2023 at 3:48:54=E2=80=AFPM UTC-4, Bob La Londe wrote:
> On 7/26/2023 2:47 PM, ABLE1 wrote:=20
> > On 7/26/2023 3:35 PM, Jim Davis wrote:=20
> >> On Wednesday, July 26, 2023 at 1:09:04=E2=80=AFPM UTC-4, Bob La Londe =
wrote:=20
 I=20
 I=20
> >>=20
> >>=20
> >> I vote for # 3=20
> >> At this point FUN is more important.=20
> >=20
> > I would have to agree #3!!=20
> > Just because!!  :-)=20
> >=20
> >
> Well, this is how it went.=20
>=20
> Mostly I make molds to order. This means I have a lead time of course.=20
> Occasionally I'll make an extra. Sometimes it more efficient to make=20
> multiples than to make just one. Sometimes I have some extra stock just=
=20
> the right size. Sometimes I just feel like it. Often I will offer=20
> those molds on eBay at a higher price for those people who will not wait=
=20
> for my normal lead times. It works. I make occasional sales that way,=20
> and it promotes name recognition in my market. Last night a customer=20
> contacted me to ask if I would ship right away because they were going=20
> out of town in a few days and didn't want porch pirates to have a shot=20
> at their package. Yeah, no problem. I printed a label, gathered up=20
> some shipping materials only to discover the mold is not on the shelf.=20
> I was in the shop instead, so I could get their mold done before the=20
> carrier arrived to pick it up. Of course it uses a stainless steel=20
> insert rod and I was out of that size rod so I had to run down to the=20
> local metal yard to pick up a piece.=20
>=20
> So much for my day off.
> --=20
> Bob La Londe=20
> CNC Molds N Stuff

Hmmm=20
So ?
What wrong with that?
Just sounds like a regular bloody day --- to me.
I Make a schedule at the beginning of the week.=20
When I look back at my calendar two weeks later, it looks like it chased a =
fart through a keg of nails. Cross-outs,  arrows, write-in's, erasures, wri=
te =3D overs, RE-write=3Dover's, time changes, telephone numbers. But someh=
ow it all makes sense and the work (most of it) gets done. What doesn't get=
 done that week gets done the next or next or - - - - -
it's ok though. How else can you tell you're alive and thinking. It's bette=
r than sitting on my ass watching re-runs of the Andy Griffith show through=
 drowsy eyes and gaining another pound every day.