If you are just going to throw it away send it to me...

When I quit contracting I contacted a former tech of mine (good guy
usually) who has started a little alarm business on the side working for
friends and family.  He is a priniciapl alarm tech for the local county
government.  I told him to come over and stock up.  I'd give him tons of
stuff he can use dirt cheap.  His response was to tell me to send him an
itemized inventory with prices.  I declined and most of the merchandise
is still inboxes on shelves.  I did throw away thousands of dollars in
sound and phone equipment that was just taking up space, but now I am
starting to begrudge the space (and inventory value for tax purposes)
the ramaining stock is taking up.  I may post a picture of the dumpster
the next time I cull inventory, but I'm not going to spend time and
money to send it to anybody.  Its literally cheaper to put it in the
dumpster.

And for anybody who thinks they will be clever and go dumpster diving...
its private property and my dumpster has a lock.  It would involve
several criminal offenses to be so clever, and my surveillance system
still works just fine.

Jim Rojas got my old DMP receiver, and Les got "most" of my old modems.

https://www.avg.com