Re: USB Extender

On Monday, March 14, 2022 at 1:15:32 PM UTC-4, Jim Davis wrote:
> I've run into a new situation.=20
> I have a customer that is moving into a condo and I'm trying to help them=
 set up their TV viewing. The lady is handicapped and will spend most of he=
r time in the bedroom at the rear of the condo. There is only one cable con=
nection at the front of the condo and that's where the cable box will be. T=
here's no way to run a coax from the front of the building to the back, No =
attic access and no basement. Other tenants on both sides of their space. T=
here is however an Ethernet cable that apparently was run in the past when =
the condo was being built. It fortunately runs from the front room where th=
e cable box will be to the back bedroom.=20
> So - - - - At the front of the condo where the cable box is, i can use an=
 HDMI splitter and and HDMI extender to feed the TV in the back bedroom. No=
 Problem!. BUT the big problem is, the cable box remote isn't IR. It's Blue=
tooth.=20
> I've searched the Internet and I can find wired Bluetooth extenders, but =
I can't find anything that will extend Bluetooth wireless. - - - a wireless=
 Bluetooth extender.=20
> That is, - - - - The cable box remote control emits wireless Bluetooth to=
 control the cable box and the box is way up in the front of the condo. The=
 lady is home all day long mostly by her self and would like to be able to =
change the channels from her room with out having to get into her wheelchai=
r.=20
> There are wireless IR extenders that have a receiver at one end that take=
s the output of the TV remote and wirelessly sends the signal to another ro=
om to an "IR Emitter" at the other end that recreates and emits the IR sign=
al. But I don't see an equivalent for Bluetooth.=20
> Anyone got any ideas ??

Cable company is useless to talk to. I had to call back twice to find a (Ah=
em) technician that knew that the remote control used Bluetooth. I have som=
e emails out to some mfg's to see if they can direct me. I see that there i=
s some way to send Bluetooth via WiFi but I still don't see that there is a=
 way to "emit" a Bluetooth signal at the cable box end. All I have seen so =
far require a USB connection.=20
There isn't a practical way to get a wire from the front of the condo to th=
e back. The TV room is at the front right of the condo. Next room is a laun=
dry closet. The next room is the kitchen, the next room is the living room =
and then the bedroom is at the rear left of the condo.=20
I see some talk about using WiFi to send Bluetooth. I haven't followed up o=
n this yet but even so, I don't find any device that will re-transmit a Blu=
etooth wireless signal.
I've sent a few emails to some tech support sites. Waiting to see if I get =
any response.
I'll keep you-all posted.
Thanks