Re: Silent Knight Selection Tool

On 7/24/2022 10:14 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
> On 7/23/2022 6:39 PM, ABLE1 wrote:
>> On 7/23/2022 9:01 PM, ABLE1 wrote:
>>> Hey Guys,
>>>
>>> I am challenged with the SKST 1.4v  I have it on a Laptop but when I
>>> load all the parts and go to "Battery Calculations" the software won't
>>> respond.  I need this version because this is for a SK5820XL Panel.
>>>
>>> Since it is no longer made and or obsolete the newer version of SKST
>>> does not give the 5820XL as a choice to load parts.
>>>
>>> So, my question is does anyone have the 1.4v of SKST or newer but not
>>> 2.0v since it only has the new stuff??
>>>
>>> BTW I had this on my Office PC but it was wiped out when I upgraded
>>> to 2.0v a few years ago.
>>>
>>> Didn't think I would have to put together a Submittal for a add on
>>> to a 5820XL that I installed 11 years ago.
>>>
>>> Thanks for any hints or help.
>>>
>>> Les
>>
>> Hey,
>>
>> Well I have working on this problem for at least 6 hours.
>> With in 5 minutes of hitting the send button on the above post
>> I actually found version 1.5 on my office PC.  I loaded on my
>> WIN10 Laptop and the "Battery Calculations" did the same thing
>> and locked up the PC.  I then loaded on my older WIN7 Laptop and
>> it works just fine. ((^*%%**^#@^%*&^%^(*&!!!
>>
>> Anyhow, I think that I am OK!!!!  Sympathies will be accepted!!!
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Les
>

> I was just thinking its been a very very long time since I did a fire
> alarm submittal, but I remember doing the calculations by hand from the
> individual MFG specs.  I didn't even know there was a calculator.

Hi Bob,

I know the the Battery Calc's can be done manually but I never did it
that way.  The SKST allows you to choose the panel and all of its
expanders, smoke models, heat models, pull stations, Horn Strobes,
etc. etc. and THEN it will generate a beautiful spread sheet of
the battery calc's.  Yea!!!

My current challenge is that I have lost the original file for this
project and now have to go back and find all the numbers and parts
to put into SKST along with the new for this upgrade.

I am getting closer now that I got the program working!!!

Call me Spoiled!!!

Later,

Les