Re: OT: Low Profile Electrical Outlet

On Friday, January 21, 2022 at 5:17:16 PM UTC-5, Bob La Londe wrote:
> I decided to go with a single snap in outlet and machine a purpose built=
=20
> box with one of the CNC mills. Probably make it out of acetal, but=20
> aluminum is an option. Just have to add a ground lug if I go with=20
> aluminum. I ordered a few of those snap in outlets because I think they=
=20
> will be handy on machine cabinets for auxiliary equipment.=20
> (lights/solenoids etc)
> --=20
> https://www.avg.com

Damn !
I read your post earlier today while I was on an installation but didn't ha=
ve the time to respond.
This may be to "klugie" for you but I was going to suggest that you purchas=
e a standard shallow metal electrical box and with all of the machining equ=
ipment you have, mill out one side of the box to accommodate the outlet and=
 the other side of the box for a wire clamp and just put a blank cover on t=
he face.
You didn't say whether you could use a two prong or three prong plug. Or ho=
w heavy a cord you have to use. But in either case you could buy a single t=
wo prong rectangular socket and a two prong plug which would obviously be r=
ectangular rather than round and thus smaller. Mount the two prong socket v=
ertically on the side of the metal box and use a cord with a two prong plug=
 with an offset right or left hand cord. If you require the (third pin) gro=
und, just run a separate wire from the device and attach it directly to the=
 metal box and device with lug and a screw.