Re: OT Jeopardy Winner 12/15/2022

On 12/16/2022 4:44 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
> On 12/16/2022 1:40 PM, ABLE1 wrote:

>>> If I wasn't before I am now.  LOL.
>>>
>>> Nah! I don't actually know all that many La Londes.  Less than a
>>> hundred probably. We've been in country since the 1680s, but most are
>>> in the north country with a few in the deep south.  Cajuns and
>>> Canuks. Mostly Canuks.  Far less of us are Damn Yankees.
>>>
>>> I don't have any immediate relationship I am aware of.  No, I'm not
>>> directly related to that Canadian boxer either.
>>>

>>> Now if you asked if I was related to that Bob La Londe who was a
>>> research mechanic at NASA's Lewis Research Center who retired in the
>>> early 1980s.  Yes.  That was my Grammpa.  If you asked if I was
>>> related to the Paul La Londe who held several patents for R&D work
>>> with Donn Products (USG NOW) including the ceiling tile grid latch
>>> most of us have cursed at one time or another.   Yes.  He was my
>>> uncle.  If you asked if I was related to the grocery and hardware
>>> store owner from Dateland.  (2 miles north of Dateland actually.)
>>> Yep.  That's my dad.  If you asked if I am related to that kid named
>>> Rob La Londe who is a licensed pharmacy tech, crazy smart gamer (with
>>> paid creds as a gamer), and mad higher math skills.  Yep.  That's my
>>> son.  If you asked if I am related to that hack shade tree button
>>> pushing wannabee not a real machinist. That's me.
>>>
>>> Sorry.  I do not know who Ray is.
>>>

>> LOL thanks for the Family Tree!!
>>
>> Depending on how long this "Ray La Londe" can maintain his
>> championship on Jeopardy it might be a good thought to check the DNA
>> just to know.;-)
>>
>> Last week the Champion walked out with more than $850,000.00
>>
>> Les
>>

> It was probably more like $400,000 and many of the prizes wouldn't be
> claimable if he couldn't independently pay the taxes on them first.
>
> I've day dreamed about winning the lottery so I only have to do jobs
> that really interest me.  I've done the research.  LOL.

On Jeopardy it is only ca$h.  No prizes!!  And yes, the actual take-home
is always less than what is posted. It is the taxes! That will get you.

But, forgetting the taxes, the WHAT IS LEFT!! Is not to be cried about!!

I gave up on the Lottery before the Flood of 1972!!
They always say "You gotta to play to win"
What they don't say is, You gotta to play to lose!!