Re: OT: Somebody Called the Sheriff On Me

On 7/17/2021 5:17 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
> On 7/17/2021 2:00 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:

>>> Hi Bob,
>>>
>>> LOL it seems that this guy has little else to do with his time!!  And it
>>> is very doubtful that regardless of what you do or say you will not win!
>>> You will ALWAYS be in the WRONG and he will ALWAYS be in the RIGHT!!
>>>
>>> It is a shame that you can't get his forehead tattooed with;
>>>
>>>              I am Stupid!!
>>>
>>> I know!! That would be inappropriate but then again..............  ;-)
>>>
>>> Hope the current heat wave is tolerable for you or at least controllable
>>>
>>> Have a good weekend!!
>>>
>>> Les
>

> I modeled his mold two ways, and was going to send him the screenshots
> to pick the one he liked better.  Just now I decided I'm going to cut it
> both ways and send him both of them so I never have to communicate with
> him again.  People like him make me want to just stop doing custom work
> altogether.
>
> On the flip side I make a little "speed handle" for milling machine
> vises.  I never planned to sell any.  I made a few for myself and gave
> one to a buddy who does some machining in his home shop.  He told me
> over and over and over I should sell them.  Personally I figured most
> anybody who would need one could make their own.  Its not even an
> original idea.  Finally I relented and posted them for sale in a few
> sizes.  Now I make them in batches of each size and frequently get
> compliments from my customers on them.  "Better than I expected."  "I
> couldn't make one for that price."  Stuff like that, and no those aren't
> the customers off Rodney's referral site.  LOL.  I've got several small
> products like that I could make and sell to home shop machinists. Things
> I made for my own use, but somebody without my scope of shop equipment
> might struggle to make for themselves cost effectively.

Bob,

That must be a good feeling to know that something you thought out of
your brain and then made a usable product for a small nitch of people
and get compensated for it as well as thanked.  Good Job!!!

For me it is the satisfaction that in the 32 years of doing what I do
I have not done the same system install twice.  Everyone is different
and unique.  Some simple and some very complex.  Some very challenging!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend ---- working or not!!

Les