Re: OT: Somebody Called the Sheriff On Me

On 7/17/2021 2:00 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
> On 7/17/2021 10:56 AM, ABLE1 wrote:

>>> BWAHAHAHAHA
>>>
>>> Now he filed a PayPal claim as item not received.  I responded to
>>> PayPal with a copy of the PayPal invoice and pointed out that start
>>> time is clearly shown as early to mid August and its listed right on
>>> the invoice.  Of course you never know what PayPal will do, so I also
>>> let them know he may very well have committed a crime in an attempt
>>> to threaten and intimidate me.  I really should just refund his money
>>> and tell him to fuck off and die slowly, painfully, and alone, but I
>>> just do not believe in rewarding bad behavior.
>>>
>>> Excuse my use of the vernacular... or don't.
>>>
>>> Actually I think he may have won a little bit.  I worked up the 3D
>>> model today.  I haven't decided if I will send him screenshots now or
>>> wait until August.  If I send him screenshots I have to unblock him
>>> so he can respond with feedback, and I am sure he will give me an
>>> earful.
>>>

>> Hi Bob,
>>
>> LOL it seems that this guy has little else to do with his time!!  And it
>> is very doubtful that regardless of what you do or say you will not win!
>> You will ALWAYS be in the WRONG and he will ALWAYS be in the RIGHT!!
>>
>> It is a shame that you can't get his forehead tattooed with;
>>
>>              I am Stupid!!
>>
>> I know!! That would be inappropriate but then again..............  ;-)
>>
>> Hope the current heat wave is tolerable for you or at least controllable
>>
>> Have a good weekend!!
>>
>> Les

I modeled his mold two ways, and was going to send him the screenshots
to pick the one he liked better.  Just now I decided I'm going to cut it
both ways and send him both of them so I never have to communicate with
him again.  People like him make me want to just stop doing custom work
altogether.

On the flip side I make a little "speed handle" for milling machine
vises.  I never planned to sell any.  I made a few for myself and gave
one to a buddy who does some machining in his home shop.  He told me
over and over and over I should sell them.  Personally I figured most
anybody who would need one could make their own.  Its not even an
original idea.  Finally I relented and posted them for sale in a few
sizes.  Now I make them in batches of each size and frequently get
compliments from my customers on them.  "Better than I expected."  "I
couldn't make one for that price."  Stuff like that, and no those aren't
the customers off Rodney's referral site.  LOL.  I've got several small
products like that I could make and sell to home shop machinists.
Things I made for my own use, but somebody without my scope of shop
equipment might struggle to make for themselves cost effectively.

https://www.avg.com