Re: Wind Up Fire Alarm

On 1/28/2021 12:58 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
> MrPete222 (Your YouTube Shop Teacher) has a What Is It Series.  Since I
> only know about half the tools he shows I usually just watch the answers
> episodes.  In the latest one he shoes off a wind up fire alarm along
> with some information about it.
>
> I recall some of the "discussions" here on the topic.  I thought some of
> you might be interested strictly out of morbid curiosity.
>
> https://youtu.be/ll33yb4gYoo?t=32
>

> Maybe you guys can iterate your opinions of them in the comments on his
> video.  LOL.

Bob,

Thanks for posting that!!  LOL I actually have one of those
but the 6" or 7" model sitting on a shelf in my garage.
I got if from my Dad who got it a auction a bunch of years ago.

As I heard locally that some outfit was selling these things
to the Amish to place in there house to detect a fire.  And they
would work for them since they did not need power. All Mechanical!!

Sie brauchen keine Drähte, damit es funktioniert !!

What was not communicated was that they would only hear the bell
sound once the temperature reached 135F.  Oh, well you would already
be dead................... but they would still work!! The unit would
work until the spring got unsprung and then dead silence!!!

Thanks again Bob.  Brought back some memories.

Les