Re: Wind Up Fire Alarm

On 1/28/2021 1:55 PM, ABLE1 wrote:
 > On 1/28/2021 12:58 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
 >> MrPete222 (Your YouTube Shop Teacher) has a What Is It Series.
Since I only know about half the tools he shows I usually just watch the
answers episodes.  In the latest one he shoes off a wind up fire alarm
along with some information about it.

 >> I recall some of the "discussions" here on the topic.  I thought
some of you might be interested strictly out of morbid curiosity.

 >> https://youtu.be/ll33yb4gYoo?t=32
 >>

 >> Maybe you guys can iterate your opinions of them in the comments on
his video.  LOL.

 > Bob,
 >
 > Thanks for posting that!!  LOL I actually have one of those
 > but the 6" or 7" model sitting on a shelf in my garage.
 > I got if from my Dad who got it a auction a bunch of years ago.
 >
 > As I heard locally that some outfit was selling these things
 > to the Amish to place in there house to detect a fire.  And they
 > would work for them since they did not need power. All Mechanical!!
 >
 > Sie brauchen keine Drähte, damit es funktioniert !!
 >
 > What was not communicated was that they would only hear the bell
 > sound once the temperature reached 135F.  Oh, well you would already
 > be dead................... but they would still work!! The unit would
 > work until the spring got unsprung and then dead silence!!!
 >
 > Thanks again Bob.  Brought back some memories.
 >
 > Les

I thought the bit about having fire alarm parties was hysterical.

Mr Peter (Lysle Peterson) has hundreds of videos on YouTube and many of
them are very educational for metal nibblers like myself.

https://www.avg.com