Re: Moose Z900 Software

On 12/12/2021 7:39 PM, ABLE1 wrote:
> On 12/12/2021 9:03 PM, Jim Davis wrote:

>>> Z900? Really? Yeah, its a seriously old post. Ancient. Archaic even.
>>>
>>> Its a tiny generic archaic panel. Just replace it. Seriously. I know.
>>> I know. You want somebody to reveal on a public newsgroup industry
>>> secrets so you can save a couple sawbucks, but its just not worth it.
>>>

>>> --
>>> https://www.avg.com
>>
>> But - - - - -but      - - - -  it  - - - it  - - - it  - - -  could be
>> MORE than $10.00 whole dollars ! ! ! !
>> En I    PROMISE  I won't tell anyone what the secret code is.
>> Why I never - EVER even gave away the secret code on my Sky King
>> decoder ring. or even on my Orphan Annie decoder when I was a kid, so
>> you know you can trust me.
>>

> LOL
> Since this was posted I have been trying to remember if the software he
> desires is called RPM2PRO or Transport-PC.  Either way I might have
> either somewhere but would have to move MOUNTAIN to find it.  Even then
> this guy would need at least a WIN98 machine to potentially run it as
> well as a Hayes 1200 Smartmodem and POTS telephone line.
>
> WoW!!! I haven't typed those words in so many years I am surprised
> I even remember most of them.  LOL
>
> Les

Up until the end of 2016 I had a machine in my file room running PC-DOS
7.0.  I ran it because it freed up more base memory than MS-DOS.  I had
modems attached to it every which way.  I think I sent you most of those
modems.  I gave the computer to the company that bought my alarm
accounts, but they started trying to nickle and dime me and take
advantage of me so I kept all the modems. I really got annoyed when I
realized their techs were calling me for modern panels INSTEAD of tech
support.  In fact it was while I was in the field doing a service call
for them were they replaced a perfectly good panel and still couldn't
program it that I discovered the second way to get into a P16XX series
panel without the dealer code that works with the newer P16XX panels and
the Windows software.