Re: Vista 20P not allowing program re-entry

On 4/3/2021 2:59 PM, Airdorn wrote:
> On Thu Apr 1 09:52:35 2021 RTS  wrote:
>

>> but,  We have had your problem also,
>> What we found was if your panel is set for partitions,
>> and your on the wrong keypad, you'll get that behavior...
>>
>> (program only from the partition 1 keypad...)
>>
>> We also had a panel that would not revert back to *99
>> even when remotely changed to *99 in programming..
>>
>> Never did figure out what was it's problem....
>> (trash canned that one...)
>>
>> Les,  tech support isn't what it use to be back in the day....
>>
>> Last time I had to call them,  I went through their whole
>> stable of reps, and not 1 could figure out what was happening..
>> Just luck I guess, after a nights sleep  I saw immediately
>> what was  wrong...
>>
>> RTS
>> --
>>
>> *Rocky T. Squirrel, esq.*
>>

> Ahh, yes.. that's one of the "rules" I didn't mention about getting into the program mode using installer code. Both partitions must be disarmed.
>
> I'm pretty sure a keypad homed to partition 2 can access programming, but not 100% sure on that. In any case, these are not relevant issues because in every case I have had this apparent bug crop up, it was a single partition system and there was no schedule in use or even ever programmed.
>
> This really isn't a big enough problem to torture myself with Honeywell Tech Support -- it's perfect to muse about on this newsgroup, though. And to answer the very first reply, I have installed and programmed hundreds of Vista 20 systems over the years, beginning with the very terrible Vista 20SE back in the very early 2000's. I pretty much know the program by heart; I can see its structure when I close my eyes and stare at the back of my eye lids at night. :) Since the majority of our installed base use the Vista 20P, I work with the program multiple times a day.
>
> I'm just going to chalk it up to a bug in a rare number of systems.

I programmed a fair number of panels during nearly 26+ years as a tech
and 23 years as an owner operator, but I never dreamed about programming
alarm panels.  However... In college I put off all my COBOL74
programming assignments until the last few days before finals.  I spent
a long weekend cranking out code and testing it (on a couple different
machines to make sure it was stable.)  After day two I needed some
sleep, and I dreamed I was having normal conversations with people about
ordinary everyday things, and we were all speaking COBOL.  When I woke
up the code just flowed from my fingertips like water from a pitcher.  I
did more trouble free (tested on all platforms perfect first try) coding
in the next 3 hrs than I did in the previous two days.

https://www.avg.com