Re: Vista 20P not allowing program re-entry

On 4/3/2021 4:59 PM, Airdorn wrote:
> On Thu Apr 1 09:52:35 2021 RTS  wrote:
>

>> but,  We have had your problem also,
>> What we found was if your panel is set for partitions,
>> and your on the wrong keypad, you'll get that behavior...
>>
>> (program only from the partition 1 keypad...)
>>
>> We also had a panel that would not revert back to *99
>> even when remotely changed to *99 in programming..
>>
>> Never did figure out what was it's problem....
>> (trash canned that one...)
>>
>> Les,  tech support isn't what it use to be back in the day....
>>
>> Last time I had to call them,  I went through their whole
>> stable of reps, and not 1 could figure out what was happening..
>> Just luck I guess, after a nights sleep  I saw immediately
>> what was  wrong...
>>
>> RTS
>> --
>>
>> *Rocky T. Squirrel, esq.*
>>

> Ahh, yes.. that's one of the "rules" I didn't mention about getting into the program mode using installer code. Both partitions must be disarmed.
>
> I'm pretty sure a keypad homed to partition 2 can access programming, but not 100% sure on that. In any case, these are not relevant issues because in every case I have had this apparent bug crop up, it was a single partition system and there was no schedule in use or even ever programmed.
>
> This really isn't a big enough problem to torture myself with Honeywell Tech Support -- it's perfect to muse about on this newsgroup, though. And to answer the very first reply, I have installed and programmed hundreds of Vista 20 systems over the years, beginning with the very terrible Vista 20SE back in the very early 2000's. I pretty much know the program by heart; I can see its structure when I close my eyes and stare at the back of my eye lids at night. :) Since the majority of our installed base use the Vista 20P, I work with the program multiple times a day.
>
> I'm just going to chalk it up to a bug in a rare number of systems.

   Know the feeling of seeing them in your sleep..

We did have a stretch of time where each panel we received
had a second partition already programmed into the system..
(right out of the box)

We had to get into the habit of defaulting each panel as soon
as we received them..

But since it's been over 18 months since I last touched any
alarm panel,  I'd have to "hope" they've gotten that worked
out.

RTS
--

*Rocky T. Squirrel, esq.*