Re: Vista 20P not allowing program re-entry

On 4/1/2021 10:52 AM, RTS wrote:
> Les,  tech support isn't what it use to be back in the day....
>
> Last time I had to call them,  I went through their whole
> stable of reps, and not 1 could figure out what was happening..
> Just luck I guess, after a nights sleep  I saw immediately
> what was  wrong...
>
> RTS

LOL Yes, it ain't, and it ain't gonna get better any time soon.

I love it when the guy I am talking to puts me on hold to ask
a higher tech the question which then gets pushed up to another.

It has happened that I was called back by an "engineer" to discuss
the problem, to find out that I AM NOT ALONE!!  That one involved
me working for them by trying different resistors on the board
so the panel could "maybe" communicate on DTMF.  Turns out that
the local CO Phone Switch and another 4 or 5 in the country would
not work on DTMF with this panel.

Had to switch to Pulse to get it to communicate.

They actually stopped the production line and sales until this problem
could be fixed. They ended up sending me some board variations that had
a bunch of various add on resistors and caps to get them to the problem
resolved.  I took to the local site and tested them. Some were better
and some were not. After about 2 months the engineer called
and we set a day and time to meet locally.  He showed up to try their
latest revision on the board. It worked quite well.

After he bought me lunch and before returning to his office he thanked
me for all the assistance and asked what panels and keypads that I
used the most.  I told him my desires and a week later I had a shipment
directly off the assembly line of free stock that lasted for about a
years worth of installs.

That was a one time deal that will never be repeated!!

Now you are saying; "Les!!  What manufacture would do that??"  :-)

It was Sentrol after they bought out Moose. The panel was the ZX400.

Now you know a rest of the story!!

Les