Re: Z110 door monitor problems

On Wednesday, September 2, 2020 at 11:22:08 PM UTC-4, RTS wrote:
> On 9/2/2020 5:16 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:

> >> try turning the monitor command on..
> >>
> >> press 6=C2=A0 then your PAC (user code)
> >>
> >=20
> >=20
> > Are you ever tempted to give people bad advice like:
> >=20
> > Them:=C2=A0 How do I reset the trouble.
> >=20
> > You:=C2=A0 Short these pins (to reset panel.)
> >=20
> > I never used to be, but now that I'm out of the business...
> >=20
> >=20
>=20
>=20
>   funny you should say that..
> I was called to repair an old ademco 1023 panel one time..
> the original installer had placed a dead short switch across the
> DC output ckt, which was used as the "turn system off" switch..
> They had put a 10 ohm resistor across the actual arm/disarm
> connection on the 1023..   ;-)
> I never did find out if they had made a mistake in wiring or
> just didn't know any better...
> Oddly it didn't seem to have damaged the panel..
> Oh, this one was so old it was using 6vdc indicator bulbs
> to display armed and ready to arm...
>=20
> --=20
>=20
> *Rocky T. Squirrel, esq.*

That was the old Ademco 215 push button remote with the red and white indic=
ator lights. I think those light bulb were 24 volt bulbs so they would last=
 forever. The remotes had a keyed version too but I don't remember the part=
 number to that one. Was it the # 256? Or was that the one with the silver =
front, single key and red LED and tamper switch? They ones with the red and=
 white lights both came with either the push button or the 2400 flat key lo=
cks or the 1300 round UL key or with a UL round key.=20
Click it's armed ----- click it's disarmed.
So simple compared to today's equipment.